Narendra Modi UAE Visit Live: Full list of agreements signed between India and UAE
Here is the full list of agreements signed between India and UAE on Tuesday, according to press release from the ministry of external affairs.
· Bilateral Investment Treaty: This agreement will be a key enabler for further promoting investments in both countries. India has signed both a Bilateral Investment Treaty and a Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement with UAE.
· MoU on cooperation in the field of electrical interconnection and trade: This opens new areas of collaboration in the field of energy, including energy security and energy trade.
· An Intergovernmental Framework Agreement between India and UAE on the India- Middle East- Europe Economic Corridor : This would build on previous understandings and cooperation on this matter and foster India and the UAE cooperation furthering regional connectivity.
· MoU on cooperation in Digital Infrastructure Projects: This will create a framework for a wide ranging cooperation, including investment cooperation, in the digital infrastructure sector and also facilitate sharing of technical knowledge, stexts and expertise.
· Cooperation protocol between the National Archives of the two countries: This protocol will shape extensive bilateral cooperation in this field including restoration and preservation of archival material.
· MoU for cooperation in the field of heritage and museums: This would foster engagement between the two countries aimed at supporting of the Maritime Heritage Complex at Lothal, Gujarat.
· Agreement on interlinking of the instant payment platforms – UPI (India) and AANI (UAE): This will facilitate seamless cross-border transactions between the two countries. This follows the MoU on interlinking payment and messaging systems signed in July last year during Hon’ble PM’s visit to Abu Dhabi.
· Agreement on inter-linking domestic debit/credit cards – RuPay (India) with JAYWAN (UAE): An important step in building financial sector cooperation, this will enhance the universal acceptance of RuPay across the UAE.